Saturday 1 October 2011

A question of research

Do people respond better to stylized or realistic characters?

How does lighting affect how an audience responds to a character?

Do people feel more immersed by 2D or 3D images?

When it comes to character design, is more detail better or worse?

What makes a character design successful/unsuccessful?

What elements contribute to whether a character design is successful/unsuccessful?

How can a character designer create characters that audiences care about/feel empathy towards?

What makes a character memorable?

These are some of the questions I'd like to have a look in order to help me determine a fuller research question and eventually lead me to a solid aim and objectives. My current thoughts are that investigating character lighting is what I want to look at, but it's early days yet and that may change. These examples illustrate some examples of different character lighting techniques which is something I feel I would enjoy creating for the practical side of my project.


No comments:

Post a Comment