Monday 10 October 2011

Aim and Objectives

I have decided on a preliminary aim and objectives to present for the week 4 pitch presentations. Although I am still undecided if this is my final aim I hope that the feedback will help me further define it.

Aim

To investigate the design of 3D characters for fantasy setting, and to determine whether and how it might be possible to ground these characters in a believable world.

Objectives

1.0 Review and evaluate the design of a range of existing fantasy characters, and discuss the character design literature.

2.0 Investigate and explain how a contemporary character design works in both fantasy and reality.

3.0 Conduct practice based experiments with a range of character designs, based on the principles discussed in the previous objectives.

4.0 Create a range of characters designed making use of the principles explored.


I feel that the objectives particulary need to be refined and I will continue to work on them before the pitch rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment